Academic Year 2021/22 - 7th Newsletter

Academic Year 2021/22 - 7th Newsletter

by Admin Akande 2 -
Number of replies: 0

Assalamu'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh.

May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be with you.

Dear Seven Skies Families,

“When the Almighty tests you, He is testing how well you are able to restore faith in your heart.”

I would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone in the school community for the display of calm and cooperation in response to the news that we have had positive COVID-19 cases amongst members of the community. Alhamdulillah. This truly helped us manage the situation with a clearer mind and therefore better decisions were made.

My heartfelt gratitude for the community’s support over the last two weeks or so when COVID-19 cases unfortunately started to be detected and reported. Despite the continued current climate, and the struggles that are presented, the community’s positivity have remained high. This is of paramount importance as we continue to strive to provide positive learning opportunities for our children.

I need to also help members of the community understand why the school was closed for on-site learning for one week, from 21 – 25 February. Self-tests are only to be carried out three days after coming into close contact with a person who is COVID-19 positive.

The is because it takes two to three days for viral loads to build up in one’s body and reflect accurately on RTK self-test kits. This would have taken too long and more cross infections would have happened within that period of time. With a heavy heart and the students’ welfare in mind, the decision to move our students to online studies was then decided.

We also tasked ourselves to be tested for the virus daily. The reason behind the daily testing is because everyone’s immune system reacts differently to the virus.

Daily testing would have helped us identify quickly those who have contracted the virus, and what needed to be done. Another interesting piece of information is that these tests are recommended to be done when one first wakes up in the morning because the mouth has the highest viral load.

We are sad to be still receiving sporadic updates of positive cases. Nevertheless, we can ascertain that these are not cross infections from the school, as school has been closed for a week. I have also been in contact with the affected families and am glad to know that all of them are now on the mend and well on the road to recovery. Alhamdulillah.

The school management has also been, and still is, liaising with the relevant district health and education authorities to ensure that we continue to be on top of matters. Thorough sanitisation exercises of the entire premise have similarly been completed. Parents will continue to be kept informed so that they can make the right decision whether it will be on-site or online learning for their own children.

Please be advised yet again that all students must be tested with a Rapid Antigen test kit the day before they return to school for a new academic week. Complete the updated Health Declaration Form (HDF) and upload the results via this new platform – https://sevenskies.edu.my/tr – latest by 6:00 p.m. a day before a new school week starts.

A positive test result must be further confirmed with either with a Rapid Antigen Test or a Polimerase Chain Reaction (PCR) test at a nearby clinic or hospital. Send the test result to admin@sevenskies.edu.my once it has been received.

Students who opt for online learning are reminded yet again to dutifully join lessons, complete and hand in all the assigned work. They will be marked as present, but under remote learning. Parents must take note again that the online hybrid learning will not be the same as on-site learning, or similarly effective. The school must be informed, via admin@sevenskies.edu.my, if this option is preferred.

I must stress upon the importance of the strictest adherence to the school’s SOPs, to ensure that we can continue to provide a safe environment for all. Similarly, parents who decide to have their children study on site must constantly advise their own children on these SOPs too. This experience has taught us that the majority of the students and teachers, who have been considered as close contacts, are unlikely to contract the virus because of these robust SOPs. 

As stated previously, we will continue to strive to meet the following three principles: 

• take all reasonable health and safety measures to minimise risks;
  • allow parents to choose what is best for their own child; and
  • share information openly and transparently. 

Thank you for your continued support and understanding during these challenging times. We are always looking at what we do well and how we can improve things even further. Your feedback is important in this process. Write us as we always welcome your feedback.
Lastly, our thoughts and prayers continue to be with the families of those who have been afflicted with the virus for a full and speedy recovery. Please continue to stay safe and be kind to everyone.

If you have any questions regarding school policies, programmes, events and/or activities, please feel free to contact the department heads, Mr Ala’ Maali or myself.

Jazakumullahu khayran.

Best regards,

Djohann Iskandar Kwan Abdullah

Principal

SEVEN SKIES INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL